Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a better year engine/block to start with as for a performance build, looking to make around 500hp as a DD.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Will you be getting it magnafluxed? What about cryo before machining?

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I was told the 94 had a better material makeup compared to the latter ones.
Those early blocks also had some different casting in the lifter area than the later blocks.

Dave

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
give hypermax a call and get one of there compacted iron graphite 7.3 block, only a mild $9500 LOL! wouldnt worry about that breaking though.

Robert
But could you imagine how you'd feel if you did!?!:eek:

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Swamps had a pic of a certain spot they looked at, maybe pm golfer so he can send you a link. It was a web or lack of iirc

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
But could you imagine how you'd feel if you did!?!:eek:
Take the Hmax block and send it to Wide Open and tell them to build you a race motor. Now that would make your wallet pucker! :eek:

Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah i think the hypermax block is out of the question LOL, its twice the price i paid for the truck haha.
But i do plan on getting the block cryo'ed along with as many other parts as possible, im not sure about what other treatment i will apply untill i check the quaility of the block/motor i get.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
so looks like the 98 -04 blocks had more reinforcing.... thats the way id go.... just get it cryoed, mabey 1/2 full with hard blok through a girtle on her then machine.... should hold pretty good i would think with the right rods in her.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts