Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got an 04 6.0 and I have been getting around 13.5-15 in the city. It has a 4" lift and 35s on it. It is bone stock except for a straight pipe exhaust. Is this the best I can do in the city and what can I do to possibly get better.

·
1,097 Posts
I assume you have 4x4 and an automatic.

If so, given your big tires and lift, you are doing as well as you can expect.

I

·
0 Posts
Big tires and lifts don't help. A tuner should do something for ya. My CCLB dually gets 18-19mpg most of the time..

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got 18 - hand calculated - out of mine on the interstate with just and intake and exhaust. That was before the SCT, EGR Delete, Injectors, and bigger tires.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
You're mileage is excellent. I get 11 city and 16.5 hwy with 4" lift and 35" tires.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
well, first question, is this hand calculated or lie-o-meter?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I get high 15's with mixed driving and mid 17's on the highway hand calculated. Stock everything except intake and exhaust. Always keep it below 2g's on the RPM except once a week, usually on friday I stand on it to blow everything out.

·
Scab
1,296 Posts
I am getting 16.1 around town, and 19.6 on the interstate hand calculated. This is running x race tune, 4 inch turbo back, afe, 33's on 20's

·
Basil Marceuaxdotcom
189 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I didnt want to start a new one...

I have an SCT running the X street tune, stock intake, and straight pipe exhaust....33's on 20s

The odometer shows 14.5 and 14.6 all the time...city and highway.

Is this thing accurate? I'm in the process of hand calculating it for the first time....I am also going to buy an intake pretty soon to see if that helps. I just think my mileage could be a little better than it is.

·
No Mo 6.0
77 Posts
With my 06 CCLB I get 12- 14 city and 16-17 highway, 5” exhaust and X-Street.

·
Basil Marceuaxdotcom
189 Posts
odometer or hand calculated?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Ive got an 04 6.0 and I have been getting around 13.5-15 in the city. It has a 4" lift and 35s on it. It is bone stock except for a straight pipe exhaust. Is this the best I can do in the city and what can I do to possibly get better.
B.
Have you made a correction for the over sized tires? If not your.probably getting worse than you think.

·
No Mo 6.0
77 Posts
Hand calculated correcting for tire size.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hand calculated correcting for tire size.
Have you got a formula for that. Sure would like to know it. I run 37" tires on mine and have been curious what kind of milage I am getting.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Multiply either your miles before calculating, or mpg after calculating by the new tire size divided by your old tire size.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I am getting 20.7 right now on the lie o meter... I am not running a tune either.... I do have 285s versus 265s...... but it does well.... getting ready to put a tune back in it though... my egts are pretty high with out one.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts