Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive still got my 06 running stock exhaust and im looking into a SCT X3 tuner but i was wondering everyones opinion on exhaust systems and prices thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
I am in CA so im worried im gonna have to get it smogged at some point as well
I would leave it stock then........ too many ways you can get fined and even if you keep the stocker to throw on when you have to get it smogged you could get pulled over for something dumb and they may check your exhaust.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I am in CA so im worried im gonna have to get it smogged at some point as well
Buy the MBRP kit that keeps the stock cat in place then. You can always get the cat delete pipe for those times you will be "off-road" racing.:D The cat and delete pipe are interchangeable.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I live in CA too and I just have my stock exhaust hallowed out. It is quiet while cruising but loud when you get on it. Oh and FYI, you should have posted this in 6.0 aftermarket & performance.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im not sure what you mean by hallowed out but for some reason they wouldnt let me post thread in that section

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
im not sure what you mean by hallowed out but for some reason they wouldnt let me post thread in that section
Odd it wouldn't post there.

When I say hallowed out I mean my muffler and cat look like they are there, but there is nothing inside them. It is just a strait pipe.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
how is that for your egt's and power gain?
Honestly I didn't notice a difference at all, but I was just after the awesome sound of a strait-piped 6.0.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
If it does, I never noticed it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts