Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do a lift and a e rated 35 with 18" wheels
What is the best lift to get...I will use this truck to pull an enclosed trailer all over

·
Registered
691 Posts
Icon 4.5 bracket

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I've run my Revtek for 200k without much issue. Not much to a lift kit on a 2001...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With a 4" lift would I need to do longer brake lines,do I have to do anything to driveshaft ...or just space the carrier bearing ?
Or anything else I am not thinking of.
I want to lift the truck and run bigger wheels and tires,,just need to know what all I am getting into .

·
Registered
167 Posts
You could always do cut out fender flares not lift needed put bigger tires

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
CSIPSD

Could you tell us more specs on your lift/wheel&tires. I've always wondered how you run 37's on only a 4" lift. Is your lift all springs, any rubbing, did you trim your fenders and most important how's is the ride quality? Thanks

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Here is the invoice when it was all installed...

hummm... Upside down! LOL

2005... Man, I have had this truck a long time now!

Attachments

·
Northshore Powerstrokes
37 Posts

heres my neighbors one 03 7.3 all the bells and whistles, ats trans, road armor, 18" rbp rims on pro comp 35's by 12.50

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have an Icon 4" spring lift on mine. Rides much better than stock.
Hey cartmanea, why did you decide to go with springs instead of hangers for Your lift. I was under the impression that the hangers would give it a better ride because you retain the factory springs.

·
Registered
114 Posts
In some states altering the spring mounting location more than a certain amount is either against the law or it won't pass inspection or so I have been told but that could be wrong information.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Best riding 4" lift will be the Icon hanger kit.
Icon's 4" spring lift will be second in ride quality.

We are a Icon dealer if I can help please PM me.

Cary

·
Registered
107 Posts
ive got a 4 inch skyjacker lift and I think it rides great. My kit came with 4 new springs and I really like it. Tows great too.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Hey cartmanea, why did you decide to go with springs instead of hangers for Your lift. I was under the impression that the hangers would give it a better ride because you retain the factory springs.
I went with a spring lift primarily because I bought the truck wrecked and one of the front springs was damaged and needed replacement anyway. The Icon springs have 11 or 12 thin leafs, which makes for a much more progressive spring pack than the stock 2-leaf pack. My SuperCab short box with Icon springs rides better than my dad's crew cab long box, and he has the wheelbase advantage. Of course, the shocks you choose make a big difference too, I think most lift kits use too-stiff a shock. I had Bilsteins and they were great, going with Rancho 9000XL adjustable shocks next.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts