Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2001 f250 7.3 diesel and I'm looking to buy a calif approved programmer and having problems finding one for Calif...
Any suggestions??? Brands, deals etc????

·
Administrator
8,341 Posts
welcome to PSN.
i doubt you are going to find a tuner that is cali approved.
also, you will never see 100 hp increase without other mods like larger turbo, larger exhaust, larger injectors, and better intake.

best you will see in stock form is about 50-60 hp.

·
2000 F350 SuperDuty 4x4
1,009 Posts
Hi I have a 2001 f250 7.3 diesel and I'm looking to buy a calif approved programmer and having problems finding one for Calif...
Any suggestions??? Brands, deals etc????
CARB does not have any approved programmers.
You would have to upload your stock program back to the PCM before each SMOG-check, then reload you "hot" tune back after the test.
PIA!
Run a chip, with a stock tune in it. You can switch to stock for test (and remove the switch), then plug the switch back in and go back to your favorite perf tune for driving.

I've been...er, I mean, I have a friend who has done this since they started testing diesels in Cali.

California SUCKS!

·
Registered
71 Posts
welcome to PSN.
i doubt you are going to find a tuner that is cali approved.
also, you will never see 100 hp increase without other mods like larger turbo, larger exhaust, larger injectors, and better intake.

best you will see in stock form is about 50-60 hp.
This is true. However, you will see the tunes labeled as 100, 120, 140 etc., but this is really just a name. It really is about when the fueling takes place and the shifting strategies which make the higher tunes seem like more power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts