Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so guys and gals I have problem i was cruising 60mph when I got into my truck hard. it has 300/200 hybrids fully built motor with a s468 turbo sounded like a machine gun under the hood so got it to a friends pulled the valve covers off to find a bent and broke in half push rod that cylinder is only holding 50psi now any help will be appreciated thank you

·
Registered
75 Posts
Oh s**t, sounds like you have a hole in your piston or a deep scar in your cylinder wall from a broken/bent pushrod. You will probably need to pull your head off and take a look. You might be able to see inside the cylinder by removing the glow plug from the affected cylinder. I would try that first. Be prepared to pull the engine.

·
Caption This
4,259 Posts
What do you mean "only holding 50 PSI"? Are you pressurizing it with an air hose or cranking it?

·
Caption This
4,259 Posts
no I was told I should be able to still check the compression
You were told wrong. To have compression you have to have air. If the intake valve doesn't open, no air will be sucked into the cylinder to compress.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
What kind of valve springs are you running..that kind of handy work could be float and a big ol piston slap.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
That^^ or like stated valves to piston contact. With 300/200s you should really have aftermarket push rods any way.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree I should my buddy helped build the motor and think lied about putting aftermarket ones in it so I will be ordering them gonna rob two from a diff cylinder and run a compression test see where I go from there

1 - 20 of 37 Posts