Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Torque Monger
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.... I've been thinking of installing a reg. return fuel system... I don't have that many mods, just the norm. I&E, 03 turbo, and SCT from Eric and DJ. I was on ITP's site looking at theirs and there are a few out there now. Question is... will I really benefit from one of these systems RIGHT NOW while using stock injectors? I don't plan on having stock injectors forever. I'm sure it will be a must later one though, but, do it now or just wait until I upgrade injectors? Any reply and info is appreciated....

·
Proud PSN Sponsor!
2,161 Posts
That depends on your definition of "benefit". It won't give you that "holy ****" feeling when you drive it after the fuel system install...but it does still have benefits. You will get improved fuel flow and pressure to support your increased fuel demand from the programming...and it will help your injectors live longer.

·
Proud PSN Sponsor!
2,161 Posts
Got me...never installed theirs!

The rear ports are the hardest. The passenger side isn't too bad, you can reach over the up-pipe to install the fitting. The driver side requires that you unbolt the up-pipe from the exhaust manifold and push it toward the firewall to get enough clearance for the fitting to start.

·
Torque Monger
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Dennis... I've looked at Elite's and yours and will be going with yours. The price is better and you throw in a fuel pressure guage. It will be a few weeks, but I will call you. Ask BBunting, when I say I'm going to buy something(i.e. a Spearco), I but it. Now the next step is injectors. My truck is a daily driver in Jacksonville, Fl. where traffic can suck pretty hard. What's about the biggest size injector that's nicely streetable?

·
Torque Monger
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why 2 sets? Both on yours, or one on yours and one on another truck? I've found some but Elite's are just so damn pricey. Are they THAT much better than the competition? Do they literally MAKE their own or just outsource it to another company and throw their name on it with a little extra charge? 190's is what I was wanting to add but wasn't sure about the 225's or not.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i have put two sets of Elites stage IIs in customers trucks with thier stage I fuel system and VGT-SS. Very nice.

can comment on the compeditors injectors, i have not personally installed a set yet.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
For a dialy driver...go with 190's
They're easy to tune to keep the smoke down and go really well with the modified stock turbo's out there..like the VGT-SS or something similar.
With a small fuel system, 190's and a small turbo...you'll easily be over 500 HP to the ground and have no drivability issues.
I've run much larger injectors...the first set I had were 250's...there was no way to clear them up just driving around. Going down the highway was a constant grey haze. 225's weren't much better....although that was a long time ago and I'm sure the tuners have gotten a much better handle on tuning them now.

You don't ned all the huge stuff to make good power..you just need the right combo tuned right.
My last set-up was 190's, full fuel system, BDP turbo and a single shot of nitrous with a .082 jet.
That was good for trap speeds just north of 110 mph and never cleaned all the way up. I wanted to try a bigger jet but it was banging off the rev limiter with that tune. I'm positive that combo...tuned right..has 112-113 mph in it.
No matter how you slice it...at my truck's weight...it takes between 650-700 HP to the wheels to run those speeds.

·
Torque Monger
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Richard, do think that Elite's are worth the extra money? I've seen some for much less.... do you know the major difference between them? Basically I'm referring again to a few posts up of mine.... just don't want to spend extra money if I'm not getting a major different product ya know?

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
I've had Elite injectors taken all the way apart...I know what's done to them but I'm sure they don't want me saying.
Are they better? I haven't run anyone elses so I can't give honest feedback on that question. They worked very well for me....but I know Cass's injectors work well for many others.
I didn't like Dynomite Diesel's sticks...those were a waste of money IMHO.

·
Torque Monger
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is that what you're running now in your twin setup?

·
Torque Monger
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What size are you running?

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I have Casserly 190's that I use everyday in Jacksonville and tow heavy..temps are manageable. Its all in the tune.

I love the 190's and don't (personally)really see the need for larger sticks..I have tons of fuel between the FASS 150/180 ,190's and the regulated return kit.

·
Banned
1,110 Posts
What size are you running?
He was running HMAX's that flowed 170CC, that are now reworked to 250CC according to HMAX.

For a daily driver, smaller is better.

As for the fuel system, get the pump. Fuel pressure drops like a rock with modded injectors. Lubeowner runs a FASS system, with a regulated return.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts