Attachments

·
UA local 761
214 Posts
I like it!

·
Registered
173 Posts
it looks good but i think the before looks better honestly (to each is own)

·
Registered
666 Posts
i like the new look better,imo. looks good.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looks good. I like the red and black.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
powdercoat looks WAY better. I love it. We need to start a thread for red trucks to post pics lol. Now you just need to get some harley headlights or black housings or something, then your set! Looks great though!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks good I was thinking of doing the same thing with my bumper and fender flares. Was the bumpers hard to get off and get ready to powder coat?

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Did you re-paint it too? Looks alot brighter red in the after. haha In one picture its soo bright it looks PHOTOSHOPED in, but pretty BA!

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
Awesome truck. Love the red/black trucks.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. I honestly loved the way it looked before but figured id try something new. I dont think it looks as good either but its growing on me.
To coat the wheels and bumpers was 240. 40 a wheel and 40 a bumper. No other place could touch the price. Bumpers are easy to get off. Did it all by myself. 4 18mm bolts and 2 1/2" up front and 4 11/16" in the rear. 1 plug both front and rear to get them off. be careful with the clips for the bumper tops and the reverse sensors. Push them out instead of pulling them out. found out the hard way.
Truck didnt get repainted. just got its first detail of the year(wash,clay bar, wash, wheel, wash, wax) Amazing the crap that is on the paint after winter.
Still debating what to do with the steps. Take off, powder coat or leave. Chrome kinda goes with the center caps. Just dont want to much black.
Headlights will either be painted black or Im thinking going way out on a limb and color matching them red. What do you guys think?

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
I would say color match, but im ganna have to go with black because of the color matched grill. Just my .02 :D

BTW need to say it again, truck looks awsome with the powdercoated parts!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya. i think that would go better with the theme. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Seems like most people think the black will look pretty good so Ill probably drop them off on friday. Dyno event in Interlochen, MI in 2 weekends so I want it all done by then. Think I might try the headlight mod as well. Nervous for that one though. haha

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Seems like most people think the black will look pretty good so Ill probably drop them off on friday. Dyno event in Interlochen, MI in 2 weekends so I want it all done by then. Think I might try the headlight mod as well. Nervous for that one though. haha
Exactly why I will be dropping my coin into a set of Harley head lights.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya but that deflector drives me nuts. I was hoping for the recons but they dropped the ball on those pretty hard.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts