Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I did some looking around but I can't find the part numbers for the springs, retainers, and locks. PM Machinist he may know.

Dave

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
I believe you have to change the seats,clips and retainers for those. And from what I have seen they don't offer much more of a gain over a set of 910's, due to the fact we don't see the RPMs to make them effective.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I thought the issue was also boost related as well as RPM? Could be wrong but I thought I saw something to that effect posted by Machinist or maybe it was the guys from EDP. Something about float from higher boost?:shrug:

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Something about float from higher boost?:shrug:
Exactly! Drive pressures were a little out of wack before I popped a head gasket. Actually I was in the process of setting up the wastegates when it happen. Well after the tear down I found that the exhaust valves juuuust touched the pistons, so this needs to be addressed before heads go back on.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Yes I recall one of the things specifically was that many people may think they are not having any contact but on a tear down they will likely find out otherwise. Thinking about it, it makes sense to me. I will be following Nate's and Buddy's I think it was recommendations.

·
<- My lucky set of PMR's
163 Posts
Comp Springs #26120-16
Comp Locators #4696-16
Comp Retainers #795-16
Comp Locks #617-16

1 - 7 of 7 Posts