Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Does anyone know the weight of an OBS dually 8ft box bed? Thanks.
matt z

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I don't know the exact weight, but I know four average-sized guys can take one on and off the truck, so it should be less than 500lbs. :D

You can always look up the weight of a Super Duty dually bed, they feel like they weigh similar to me, lol.

Dave

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
I don't know the exact weight, but I know four average-sized guys can take one on and off the truck, so it should be less than 500lbs. :D

You can always look up the weight of a Super Duty dually bed, they feel like they weigh similar to me, lol.

Dave
me and cat rebal were able to remove his old bed of his old truck.....and we are both about the same weight lol

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
But Cat's bed was so rusted, it only weighed half as much.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
But Cat's bed was so rusted, it only weighed half as much.
That and it didn't have dually wheels to get in the way, or the fenders for that matter.

Dave

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks fellas,

I ask because I would like to swap it out for a flatbed but all the flatbeds that are out there weigh around 700-1000 lbs. I would like to find a light flatbed so there is no loss in weight capacity on the truck becuse of the extra deck weight. Does that make sense? That and an aluminum deck is way out of my price range.

matt z

·
Strokin'
113 Posts
Thanks fellas,

I ask because I would like to swap it out for a flatbed but all the flatbeds that are out there weigh around 700-1000 lbs. I would like to find a light flatbed so there is no loss in weight capacity on the truck becuse of the extra deck weight. Does that make sense? That and an aluminum deck is way out of my price range.

matt z
It really hard to get around that weight with a steel flatbed. i cant recall if the steel sheet floors weigh less than the wood boards. aluminum is nice but yeah its expensive. i wouldnt sacrafice a little weight for the structural integrity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts