Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how hard it would be to put a new bed side on a superduty? glued and tack welded? and anyone know good place to get one, found some for 500 on ebay. thanks guys

·
original "REZNECK"
630 Posts
not sure where you are but i would suggest just getting a new bed. around here a whole bed only goes for about 3-400.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really.. i need a reason to go to missoula... i would love to get my hands on a decent priced bed.. rust free. i live in illinois. my truck got keyed, so im gonna prob get painted.. so might as well fix my rust

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I would bond it. Welding will just start rust.

And i know what you mean about RUST. Any decent long bed around here is 500+ And a short bed even with rust is 1000+

·
original "REZNECK"
630 Posts
what year of rig and shrt or lng bed are you looking for

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well did alot of searching last few days... then wow found one right down road 20 mins away for 1100 tail gate never got used, and bed only had 3000 miles on it. so got bed tailgate lights bumper for 1100, not bad deal

018 by nascar_fan28, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Nice, not a bad deal at all... If I decide to keep my Superduty, it will be needing a new bed as well... Luckily dealer take offs around here are only about 1500...

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
well did alot of searching last few days... then wow found one right down road 20 mins away for 1100 tail gate never got used, and bed only had 3000 miles on it. so got bed tailgate lights bumper for 1100, not bad deal
You did VERY well. I could sell that bed for twice what you paid, TODAY

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, thats way it was looking when i was calling around, just a farmer wanting to get rid of it, has a flat bed.. nice thing it has a line x bed linert too, my plans are to cut the fender arch suports , and put rods for support to eliminate rust issue on the fender arches

1 - 12 of 12 Posts