Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, bought a truck not to long ago and noticed the bed and cab don't line up but didn't bother me but now I got a headache rack for it and its very noticeable and drives me nuts. I want to fix it but don't know how or where to start. Its off by an inch. Looked at the mounts and everything seems fine but I'm not sure. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
660 Posts
There are shims under the mounts on the bed that can be put in or removed to help line things up (basically fancy large washers). However i've never seen an inch worth of shims........you can also check your cab mounts. Its possible that you might have one or more broken or a rust issue. Or the rubber could be getting weak. Just a few things to check first.

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Measure a cab mount bushing thickness (one that you know is good) then measure the others and see if any are not as thick also check bed rails underneath good as there known to rot and the box will fall towards the frame (be lower then the cab). The more they rot the more it will collaps. Also are the gaps even from top to bottom between the cab and bed front? If not whatever side isnt than Id check that side first for rust problems or bad bushings.

·
Registered
432 Posts
1" sounds pretty bad but all my cab bushings had sagged 3/8 " all the way around

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Passenger side bed is higher than cab by about half inch - an inch
And than obv the driver side is reversed by same amount.

I figure I'll park it in a parking garage or another flat surface and do some quick measuments to see if its cab or bed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had what looked like a twisted bed on mine as well. Drove me nuts. However, I replaced all the cab mount bushings and it lined right up. I measured it every way but sideways trying to figure-out the bed issue, which I was convinced it had to be, but there is not much that can go wrong with the bed support rails unless they're rusted and collapsed.

So, I know it's not what you want to hear, but take a hard look at your cab bushings. If you have to replace them, bite the bullet and go with OEM rubber. I know the price is SUPER high, but the cheaper poly bushings are hard as rocks. I'd spend the money again and replace them in a heartbeat if it wasn't so painful to change them out. Good luck.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya not really want to do that especially now with it being winter and the truck can't stay clean long. But I'll take some measurents and post up my decision.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I am sure it is the cab mounts. The passenger rear always seem the 1st to go

·
New F250 Smoker....
51 Posts
Now I will have to look at cab bushings as my P-side bed is not lined up with the cab....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts