Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Smell My Finger
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasnt sure if this thread is in the right spot. but im taking the bed off my truck to get rid of rust and sure enough the bed bolts are not coming off and i tried everything, so they are going under the torch wed. i called a local ford dealer and they want $10 for each bolt and $4 for each nut/clip. does anyone know where i can get these bolts at for alot cheaper.

·
Smell My Finger
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking something alont the lines of that, wasnt quite sure where i would find some at that have a flatter style head on them

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
tractor supply should have them. I have a store by me called mid-state bolt and screw, its a michigan company and they carry any and every kind of bolt.

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
I got mine from Fastenall, they are damn near the same thing. They have a torx head/panhead i just put a big flat washer-nut on the bottom

·
Smell My Finger
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks ill have to see if and where there might be one here in pa

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Overnight soak in PB. From underneath not on top. In the morning, heat them up with a torch and hit the with a BFH. The take them off.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Weld nuts to the top to remove.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I tried welding nuts to top of mine and then the nut/clip underneath just broke. Plasma cutter time...

·
Smell My Finger
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i welded a breaker bar to it and had to put a wrench on nut underneath cuz it was spinning and is still didnt work, so i am plasma cutting them

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just did mine yesterday. I cut the heads off from the top with a cutting wheel and just lifted the bed off.

And those are no ordinary bolts BTW. Some interesting reading here

And here are some replacements while your at it.

·
Smell My Finger
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you loosewheel for the ebay ad, just bought it.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Sorry for bringing back a dead thread but. I am in need of the 3 front passenger side ones. Found some on ebay but they want to sell a 8 bolts and another auction for another 8 clips

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
Just for the record I just took my bed off and ended up just cross cutting the heads of the bolts and chiseling the remnants off. Way easier than trying to remove them normally breaking torx bits or welding nuts on and breaking the clip.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Dont forget the anti seize when you put them back on!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I may get crap for this but as long as you get some grade 8 bolts and nuts and you will be good to go.
Dont worry I did that cost me 45 bucks out the door and as long you dont mind the heads sticking up a little it works great.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just used some grade 8 bolts from TSC then bolted the bed on and tack welded the nuts on the frame and its worked so far had to remove them one time and they came off but the tack weld on one broke.... Hell taking off the bed the first time a torx bit snapped real hard and a piece hit my back window and shattered it :doh:that was a bad day there. Ended up grinding the heads off and lifting it off then torching them the rest of the way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts