Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed this for a while now and am wondering if anybody has the same problem or noticed it on any other trucks. Why does my bed have so much articulation while driving, mostly on more bumpy roads but it does happen on all terrains. I always look when driving behind other trucks to see if theirs does the same thing. I see it with Fords more than any other brands ans specifically mine does it really bad. I drove behind my friends 04 f250 yesterday and really paid attention, almost no movement where mine was moving back and forth the whole way. Is this bad? has anybody ever noticed this.

·
Canadian Eh
675 Posts
the OBS have rubber cab mounts and solid box mounts. that has something to do with it

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry, no it's a 2000 f250 4x4. Also, I should ad I have a six inch lift, airbags and headache rack, that is a one piece that runs down the sides with rails running along the bed, 90 gal. fuel tank and tool box. All of that is pretty heavy, I weigh in at 9000-9200 depending on how much fuel I have. I don't know if the weight has anything to do with it, I don't know why it would and if it is because of the weight of all the stuff in my bed, that would kind of upset me, I did get this truck for a work truck after all.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
You're saying your bed shakes or moves going down the road? What are you running for larger tires, something like a mud terrain or a swamper style? And what does your buddy have for tires?

My buddies trucks' shake alot with their mud terrains and swampers, so that's kinda my thought.

Trust me, the Ford's frames are nowhere near weak, go look under a Chevy if you want to see that. LOL

Other than my buddies with lifts and big tires, I can't think of anyone I know with a stock height truck that the bed shakes on.

Dave

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both of us have toyo mt's, he is stock height. I wish I could remember if my truck did that when it was stock height, it's been so long I can't remember. The bed doesn't shake, it just tilts back anf forth depending on the slope of the road or bumps on the road. It just annoys me, because there isn't really any explanation for it and I don't see other trucks do it. With my rack, it makes it really noticable because you can see the rack moving through the back window. I don't really care about it, it just makes me worry that something is wrong. Why would it be moving so independtly from the cab, is my frame cracked?

·
Davey B
930 Posts
Have you checked the bolts that hold your bed to the frame? If those are a little loose it could cause it to move around a bit

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought about that, haven't remembered to do it when I have been by the truck. I will check. Thanks

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
i know my truck box flexes up to an inch or so on uneven ground,im not sure what is thats causing the movement between the box & cab.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts