Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an E99 SD and just installed a couple of mods that i got from BDP. I went with single shot stage 1's a D66 and a ts 6pos chip from beans. Truck seems to run ok in stock and econo tunes (idles a little rough, kinda lopes a little) but daily tow and hot tunes are having issues. Whisper was workin fine but now doesnt seem to be workin as well after disconnecting the batteries. When I switch to daily tow and hot tunes at idle the truck idles down real low and has barely any throttle response but once the rpms are above about 1500 the truck will really go! The problem seems to be only at those low rpms. Wondering if it could be an oil or fuel pressure issue or a tuning problem? Any advice would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would call Beans first.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Already did and have been waiting to hear back from them. I Figured if anyone had any info on the situation, it could help me figure it out if its not a tuning issue.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
on my ts tunes my idle is lower in the top tune by 100 rpm or so.
your truck is an auto correct?
(sometimes the throttle position sensor wears in the sticks)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on my ts tunes my idle is lower in the top tune by 100 rpm or so.
your truck is an auto correct?
(sometimes the throttle position sensor wears in the sticks)
Would that cause the lack of throttle response under 1500 rpm. I can mash it to the floor and barely anything happens till it hits 1500.

·
International Diesel Tech
199 Posts
I have an E99 SD and just installed a couple of mods that i got from BDP. I went with single shot stage 1's a D66 and a ts 6pos chip from beans. Truck seems to run ok in stock and econo tunes (idles a little rough, kinda lopes a little) but daily tow and hot tunes are having issues. Whisper was workin fine but now doesnt seem to be workin as well after disconnecting the batteries. When I switch to daily tow and hot tunes at idle the truck idles down real low and has barely any throttle response but once the rpms are above about 1500 the truck will really go! The problem seems to be only at those low rpms. Wondering if it could be an oil or fuel pressure issue or a tuning problem? Any advice would be appreciated!!
I have an e99 and have the same problem as well with my stage 1s and there tunes. I talked to them about it and they said I will have to come down for a custom tune. Interested if you can get it figured out. However mine runs good with swamps tunes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im in Florida so goin there is not an option!! So you had beans tunes with the same issues and switched to swamps tunes with no problems? How do you like their tunes?

·
199 Posts
Actually had the swamps tunes before and tried theres out for the heck of it. The swamps tunes are pretty decent. Just out of curiousity do you have the xle4 pcm too.

·
199 Posts
They said if you can data log or somehow that they could look at that and try to figure something out from there too. But i wasn't quite that dedicated to go that far.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Did you talk to Jonathan yet ????

It should be a simple fix.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Did you clean the connector well? Possibly a chip installation problem?

Rusty

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea connections are good. Pulled it out to double check. Still waitin to hear back from him hopin he calls today and that it is an easy fix.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
pmt is a better pcm and you will be happier with it

·
Registered
217 Posts
any update?
from my own experience and many others, Beans (No limit) tunes are mild and (stock feeling) to 1/4 throttle, then hold on. I like them as there great in comparison for DD compared to others ive had. But if your looking for instant throttle, youll need to be very specific with them on future updates as his base tunes dont seem to be built that way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts