Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have the opportunity to buy a D66 for the E99. Comes with pedestal for $600 maybe cheaper. What kind of power increase, if any, can I expect. Running a S&B intake, DP Tuner (80 Daily, use that tune 90% of the time), and 4in straight pipe exhaust, 35’s and 3.73 gears. It seems like a smokin deal. What do you think? I know there’s a few other forums on this turbo but I could not find very much with stock injectors and such. Thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
man you can only get so much power off of those stock sticks. you might notice a difference but I don't know if it will be much. people usually upgrade injectors then turbo or all at the same time. Ive been running my single shots with the stock 2001 turbo for 2 years now. it hates life but its still hanging in there. if you don't have any issues with your stock turbo, I would suggest to buy the d66, put it on a shelf then save for injectors and swap it all at once.

·
shade tree mechanic
85 Posts
you will not like it for towing. that e99 turbo spools low in the rpm where the l99 turbo are a bit higher in the rpm. that beans d66 is even later in the rpm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for the advice. Combined with bigger sticks though that should make a good combo yea? In the future I would like to be near the 400hp range. Do you think thats possible with the D66 or should I just hold off entirely for a bigger turbo setup?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts