Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is what has been floating around in the fuel tank of my new truck for who knows how long. These are pieces from the stock pick-up that probably started cracking and breaking up ever since the introduction of ULSD. And might have aided in killing the stock fuel pump.

If your running the stock pick-up, please take the time to drop your tank and remove the screen/filter assembly that is in your tank.

Drop in an ITP 5/8" pick-up while your at it. :evil

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
That's ugly! Good info & advice.

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
:mad: Just another reason to hate ULSD

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
Thanks for the pic and explaination. When the weather gets warmer this job is getting done..

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its really not that bad if you have air tools. I siphoned out ALL of the fuel that was in the tank. There wasn't 2 gallons left. It'll take ya only a couple hours.

·
Registered
151 Posts
So what all should I do with my fuel system just for reliablity? I dont have any real big power dreams most my truck would ever see is Stage 1's and a 38R. My fuel pump sounds weak though I wouldn't mind replacing that.

so 5/8 pick up tube and what all else?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I will have my bed off this summer for installing of a replacement bed. Would I still have to drop the tank to do this (Hutch) mod at that time? When my bed was off last time, I saw that the tank looked pretty accessible.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
If the bed is off, it is really simple. No, you won's have to drop the tank then. Or even drain it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts