Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Sparky
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guy's have a BDS lift? I'm still undecided on which lift to get. I like the Icon 4.5" kit, but I'm thinkung I'd rather go 6". I saw the 6" BDS 4-Link on Truck Toyz website, and really like it! Looking for some feedback.

·
Buffalo Diesel
280 Posts
I had an 8" on this truck -

Was a solid kit, no worries about it breaking... but it rode very rough. Could have been the cheaper shocks, but this thing could rip out your kidneys.
Just helped a buddy of mine put his into the same style truck with with the 7.3 and his rides rough too.

I paid $2000 to a local shop for the 8" all spring and installation. I was pleased with the results, it was exactly what I wanted, but it rode rough. Put 500-1000lbs in the bed and it will ride great :)

Just make sure you put some tires under it. Had to drive it like this for a day because my lugnuts were in the mail.

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
buddy had a bds on his and i liked it.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
BDS makes a quality kit but ICON has a better spring. BDS has a premium shock that is close to the ICON shock. The ride has a lot to do with the spring rate and the shock tuning. ICON has a better combination.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i have a 8" bds and i like it. it does ride rough but a solid lift kit. i am looking to upgrade my shocks. who makes a good shock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts