Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching the bigger injectors and I am wondering if the BD injectors replace the stock ones exactly or is there more mods that have to be done besides big HPOP?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have been researching the bigger injectors and I am wondering if the BD injectors replace the stock ones exactly or is there more mods that have to be done besides big HPOP?
It depends,are you going to get stock injectors,stage 1 or 2,single shots require less oil but need custom programing.I'm running 200cc hybrids on my stock pump.

·
Registered
201 Posts
you will need ,,fule,tunes,and oil for b's at a min.. they drink alot

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can i keep the stock nozzles on them or do i have to change them?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i would like to be 500 at the wheels i guess would be my goal.....eventually i want to get a bigger turbo but i will probably get injectors and then a turbo....has anyone every pulled the BD codes out of scraped out DT466's?

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
I think you are backwards on your logic. You will want to get a turbo 1st and then Injectors. Trust me it don't work out to well the other way around because you will blow up the stock turbo and be pissed and trying to come up with a replacement in a hurry.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok maybe i am doing this wrong.....im doing a piece by piece build....if i would go turbo next with 500rwh my goal....what turbo do u recommend?

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
38r at a minimum and I think hybrids would be a better choice for you than the b codes.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I agree,I got my turbo before my injectors even though It did nothing horsepower wise. You will hardly be able to drive your truck with those injectors,your egt's will be high and you won't be able to get on it. If you get the turbo you still can have some fun.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the only thing is that im in our stock pulling class...the only restrictions basically is that i have a stock appearing turbo...i was thinking bigger injectors first and detune them a bit...i would like to do better in the stock class before i jump to mod

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
would i see and hp gain?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
even with stock injectors?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol i figured that lol...what i meant is will i see the hp increase with stock injectors? lol sorry

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
this may be a dumb question but y would i have to mod my hpop? i have a L99 if that helps

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Your stock injectors are going to be oil hungry so a HPOP upgrade will show a difference. And will be a good supporting mod for future upgrades.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts