Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here relocated the drivers side battery to a different location so that they can fit an intake or bigger filter or not have it block some air to the filter like with my AFE PG 2 setup? I would like to maybe put a little turn extension on it and center the filter in the area more and allow more air to get to it but not sure where I'd put the batter or go about hooking up longer cables and such. Pics?

Or...has anyone re-located the turbo over in that area and if so some pics would be nice to see.

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
Has anyone here relocated the drivers side battery to a different location so that they can fit an intake or bigger filter or not have it block some air to the filter like with my AFE PG 2 setup? I would like to maybe put a little turn extension on it and center the filter in the area more and allow more air to get to it but not sure where I'd put the batter or go about hooking up longer cables and such. Pics?

Or...has anyone re-located the turbo over in that area and if so some pics would be nice to see.
Most compound setups put the atmosphere charger in the passenger side batttery area - I know of at least on person running a single mounted in that area. I do not know of anyone running a turbo on the driverside battery area.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did it to clear this intake on the driver side, and possibly for twins later on the pass side.
Wow that looks really good. I like that design you did. Did you make custom intake tubes and manifold also? Kinda looks like Volant style how you made it and I like the closed tube from the front of truck to box.

Where did you re-locate your battery to?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Wow that looks really good. I like that design you did. Did you make custom intake tubes and manifold also? Kinda looks like Volant style how you made it and I like the closed tube from the front of truck to box.

Where did you re-locate your battery to?
I am sorry, the pictures expired in that thread. I will look for them.

It is a big single off a Cat motor in the Jobox in the bed on the pass side, then #2 welding cables going up to the engine down the frame rail.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok cool thanks.

I was wondering if I could somehow mount both batteries on the passenger side there if there is enough room or if anyone has done this also?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking about the side by side since there is a nice dual plate made just for them. I'll probably do that with the non optimas I have not if they will fit until I can afford 2 optimas. My 2 deep cycle batteries cost about the price of one optima or lil less.

Here are some pics at this site I'm on also.
Battery Re-locate - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts