Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
"Miss me yet" George Bush
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My battery light is coming on intermittently and seems to be getting more frequent with no pattern to it. Tonight I checked it with the multimeter before, during, and after the light came on, the voltage never dropped below 13.33 or rose over 14.11vdc.

Any ideas?

·
Administrator
33,055 Posts
last time I had that happen it was an intermitend diode issue it finally dropped out and the Batt light stayed on ,, but I would see a voltage drop at the same time so IDK

·
Registered
284 Posts
not sure if it matters, but it appears as though the factory batteries on the C&C trucks are of VERY poor quality... Our trucks are about a year old and all of them have had to have the batteries replaced...
We aren't leaving anything on and running them down, all of our power requirements for the service beds are controlled by the factory upfitter switches, everything powers down when you turn the key off... The batteries are just of inferior quality..
Our batteries have the built in hygrometer (green eye) and are not the sealed type maintenance free batteries... just junk..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts