PSN intsigator
6,839 Posts
I’d start a fusible link “A” according to your diagram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
According to the diagram, the "I" circuit should be hot in start or run.

Circuit reposted for convenience. I will, @cjfisher . Both circuits have the C138 connector in common. That is the one that is over the left valve cover

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
I am focusing on the blue box. Am I correct in that all the fuse link items - Circuit 38-#1 and Circuit 38#2 should be on the same side as the battery terminal on the starter relay, and they are. They show battery voltage, 12.8v.

Here is the starter relay

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Here is the fuse link A schematic.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Now trace the power through the power distribution box.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
FIXED!
Now trace the power through the power distribution box.
You hit that nail on the head!

I was out at the Power Distribution fuses and began testing. I couldn't remember if I confirmed them but I had my fuse printout copy in the box, so . . .
I decided to confirm them!

The #5 20A Gasoline only OCM fuel pump had a 5 amp in it.
The #10 25A Power Point had a 15A in it.
The #7 5A Diesel Only PCM, Canister Vent Solenoid, and Dual Alt "A" Field was blown.

Now, that fuse box is 21+ years old. All the max fuses were cracked at though someone had dropped something heavy on the box. I had already purchased all new fuses to replace them. I decided this was a good time to do so.

All new fuses, and the battery idiot light is off. Was it the #7? I don't know. But it is fixed!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I find it amazing that everything led to the "I" wire, but it was the "A" wire. Once that had Alternator voltage (13.6), the "I" wire had batt voltage (13.8) and the light went out.

$%^&*( damn mechanic must have done something wrong and blew the fuse when putting in the first alternator. :mad:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I could not have done it without you, @heavydoc . I didn't have the values anywhere else and I had already checked all the fuses . . . but probably before the alternator originally went.

·
Registered
629 Posts
As I understand it the "I" is both an activation (turns the regulator on at startup) and trouble line (pulls low if something is wrong with the regulator/alternator). Glad you found it.

Reactions: Jax

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
As I understand it the "I" is both an activation (turns the regulator on at startup) and trouble line (pulls low if something is wrong with the regulator/alternator). Glad you found it.
I agree! Which is why I spent all the time with that circuit.

·
PSN intsigator
6,839 Posts
Glad you got her fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,462 Posts
i still say you need to fire that damn mechanic!!! :mad:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
What was really funny is that the only blown fuse, #7, was not even on the circuit diagram. Odd.

·
Registered
629 Posts
As you know from your engine rebuild... there is always something missing somewhere in the diagram.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts