Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently had a 2000 engine swaped in my 2002, batteries and alt are brand new. Noticed the plug was broke and wires were exposed so bought a new plug for the alt. I noticed i only have 2 wires going to the plug, where it looks like i should have 3? If i unplug it from the alt the battery light goes off, plug in it goes on. Also i noticed the ground wire at the top passenger side of the firewall is not grounded, what does that ground to? Im assuming a bolt somewhere on the block? Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
574 Posts
def get a new ground strap or just attach loose grond at rear of engine to firewall.
there are only two wires in alt plug, field effect9turns alt on and off and dummy light)
you can buy a new two wire alt pigtail for the Ford G3 alternators through Ford or Dorman. It is common for the plug to become damaged on our trucks

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a new pigtail, but it has 3 wires. i didnt connect the middle one. That ground is just grounded to the rear of the engine? Its just disconected.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
There are a few ground straps on mine.
one is on the bottom near the cps iirc, the other is on the rear of the engine to the firewall iirc. Your engine needs to be grounded as some of the sensors use the thread contack to block to ground them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts