Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 with a 6.4.
The problem I am having is a battery drain. It dies over night. I was having this problem before, and we put new batteries in it seemed to be fine, now about three weeks later it is doing it again. I checked all the connections and everything is tight. I also disconnected my stereo system thinking that could be it, but it still dies over night. The only thing I did different with this new set of batteries is installed a edge juice module with attitude.But it did this before I put that on with the first set of batteries. I was trying to get away with taking that off because I don't feel that has anything to do with the problem. The only things I notice is the The + terminal on the driver side had a bunch of corosion which we cleaned of and it still died. I also noticed that with the original batteries the same terminal was real corroded. I tried to see if something was wrong the that cable but everthing is so tight and I cant see anything. When the batteries were changed out the shop told me the one had dead cells but I never asked which one because i thought all my problems were fixed... I was wrong. The other thing I noticed was when my friend shut the door today the lights flickered. (maybe something loose? I don't see anything) I'm really did not want take this to ford because its now out of powertrain warranty 2000 miles since I have like 62000 miles. So if anyone can help me I'd super appreciate it!!! I have an appointment at ford on thursday which I am not looking forward to I am also getting a p120f trouble code every once in a while that I am pulling up on my programmer the truck. The truck seems to go into almost a limp mode but if i shut the truck off and restart it it usually goes away. It is P120f which is fuel pressure excessive variation, from what I understand it is realated to the high pressure fuel pump, which the service guy at the dealer said is a $3700 fix since the cab has to come off. I did not have this problem until I put the edge tuner on the truck.

·
6.4 Stroker
147 Posts
I have a 2008 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 with a 6.4.
The problem I am having is a battery drain. It dies over night. I was having this problem before, and we put new batteries in it seemed to be fine, now about three weeks later it is doing it again. I checked all the connections and everything is tight. I also disconnected my stereo system thinking that could be it, but it still dies over night. The only thing I did different with this new set of batteries is installed a edge juice module with attitude.But it did this before I put that on with the first set of batteries. I was trying to get away with taking that off because I don't feel that has anything to do with the problem. The only things I notice is the The + terminal on the driver side had a bunch of corosion which we cleaned of and it still died. I also noticed that with the original batteries the same terminal was real corroded. I tried to see if something was wrong the that cable but everthing is so tight and I cant see anything. When the batteries were changed out the shop told me the one had dead cells but I never asked which one because i thought all my problems were fixed... I was wrong. The other thing I noticed was when my friend shut the door today the lights flickered. (maybe something loose? I don't see anything) I'm really did not want take this to ford because its now out of powertrain warranty 2000 miles since I have like 62000 miles. So if anyone can help me I'd super appreciate it!!! I have an appointment at ford on thursday which I am not looking forward to I am also getting a p120f trouble code every once in a while that I am pulling up on my programmer the truck. The truck seems to go into almost a limp mode but if i shut the truck off and restart it it usually goes away. It is P120f which is fuel pressure excessive variation, from what I understand it is realated to the high pressure fuel pump, which the service guy at the dealer said is a $3700 fix since the cab has to come off. I did not have this problem until I put the edge tuner on the truck.
Maybe you have a bad ground since you said the lights flickered. Check the main ground to the engine block, and your body ground.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts