Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows the lengths off hand, gonna have some new ones made and didn't want to pull the old ones yet ....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I just bought a positive cable from O'Reilly's. They had to look it up in the book. Wire is way bigger than stock, it was around 75 bucks. I could not have built it for that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just bought a positive cable from O'Reilly's. They had to look it up in the book. Wire is way bigger than stock, it was around 75 bucks. I could not have built it for that.
Nice, so it was decent quality, what gage? I was going to have a place in town throw together a 2/0 cable ...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most stuff usually is lol. I just called there and the lady that stumbled through trying to find what I needed said they had the black cable but not the red lol.
I have a place that hooks it up with 2/0 cables for a good price, I was just hoping someone knew the length so I didn't have to go home and pull the cable ahead of time lol.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
It is 2/0 cable. Great quality. Perfect fit.

PM Aljay, I bet he could look up the part number for you. Like I said, it wasn't in the computer, so you have to get a real parts guy that knows how to use the books. They actually had it in stock (special ordered and never picked up). He said he could have had it the next day if he had had to order it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holy crap it was a pain pulling that off from battery one to the starter ...

·
<-- GO BRONCOS
965 Posts

·
Burger Flipper
155 Posts
So did you find out the lengths or did you just get a new cable from the parts store??
Reason I am asking is because I am gonna have some made and what a pain to get them off measure and put them back on so I would be able to drive it the next day.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I had one made, but I'm questioning that now ... because I just got everything re-installed and have no power lol ... I realize why it's hard to measure now - because you need the starter solenoid relay connection as well as the starter motor relay wire ... but overall if was about a 9 foot cable. After I actually get everything up and running I will try to document the length and at what point each extra wire comes in ...

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I just ordered in a + cable from the oriellys I work at it is a very nice cable assembly. My price is even less than Andy paid so I would do the oriellys one before the ford part.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
See, I told ya. Allen, post the part number, so others can order it. It takes a reasl part man from O'Reilly's to even find out they can get the part. Allen, you need to take one for the team and stay at O'Reilly's.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
See, I told ya. Allen, post the part number, so others can order it. It takes a reasl part man from O'Reilly's to even find out they can get the part. Allen, you need to take one for the team and stay at O'Reilly's.
Andy I am staying part time fo sho. I will get the number tomm. I am going to be buying one soon as my stocker is starting to show its age.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
The only thing you have to modify. Is where the battery cable goes to the relay on the fender.

Factory, both connectors are incased in rubber. The replacement just has from the battery to the one connector.

I razor knifed mine in two, took a few minutes to shave it up and make it look sorta purty.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
The only thing you have to modify. Is where the battery cable goes to the relay on the fender.

Factory, both connectors are incased in rubber. The replacement just has from the battery to the one connector.

I razor knifed mine in two, took a few minutes to shave it up and make it look sorta purty.
Mine is for my truck it goes to the starter..........

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
+1 on the part number ... good looking out

1 - 17 of 17 Posts