Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
PSN nerd
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are yall replacing your battery post terms with when there fubar? i got two now that are too loose i dont know if its the new batteries posts are machined smaller or what. i was thinkin using clamp to post terminals on the posts and putting ring eyes on the ends of the cables then at least when i gotta take them off i dont have to mess with the lead then i can just leave them alone and only have to mess with them for an occasional cleaning. ????

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Jake, Oriellys has the positive cable unit it's cheaper than one from Ford. I looked it up the other day.Anyway I found my batt. term. were egg shaped,I also found my clamps(terminals) to be mushroomed ,I have a tool offered by snap on that will cut the posts and terminals. I spent an hour the other day resizing both.

P.S. I am going to order in a positive lead just to see what it looks like.
Negative cables are easy to find. A.Jay

·
PSN nerd
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bet mine are just all stretched out but my new battery posts are just a little smaller too. i am thinkin about moving my batteries onto the passanger side frame rail but dont know if i can talk my wife into letting me get all the stuff to do it. i gotta do something though truck is kinda hard to start with the one terminal barely on there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts