Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the best batteries for my truck? i live in northeast ga and it gets really cold up here and i dont always have somewhere to plug up and i have an aftermarket glow plug relay. i had duralast gold top batteries but they just dont seem to cut it on some on these really cold days.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Id go with the DieHard Platinums...there was GREAT thread on here about batteries, I made my decision after reading it. Ill try and find it

·
Registered
119 Posts
I cant find it, but ya the Diehard Platinum is the same exact thing as an Odyssey, which is the best battery you can buy. Difference is, the color of the plastic and about $100. Made in USA

·
SCstroker
52 Posts
Consumer Reports just had an article about truck batteries. They said the ones you get at Costco where the best. They listed the Diehard batteries too, but the best bang for your buck where the Costco brand battery group 65. Go figure.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ya I tend to read that magazine too for a lot of things. I really wish I could find that article about the batteries on these forums. Althought I trust Consumer Reports on some things, this article on the forum had a few guys on it that used to work for these battery companies and I just tend to trust them alot more.

Consumer reports rates things based on price too. If you want to base it on price, ya Im sure the Coscos are much cheaper. $200 a piece for DieHards is certrainly not the cheapest, but they are the best.

Not knocking the Costco batteries, Ive known people to use them and Im sure theyre great. I just tend to listen to people that have been in the battery making business and have tested everything there is to test for years and years at a time.

Not trying to be disrespectful, just stating my opinion.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I'm a big Interstate guy, but I live in South Fla. Where it's the heat that kills them...

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
what are the best batteries for my truck? i live in northeast ga and it gets really cold up here and i dont always have somewhere to plug up and i have an aftermarket glow plug relay. i had duralast gold top batteries but they just dont seem to cut it on some on these really cold days.
It gets pretty cold up here in the northeast in January-February and I run a pair of Costco batteries, I'm going on three winters and I havnt had any problems starting up......keep in mind I don't plug in my block heater at night.
For the price (I believe I paid $60 +/- per battery) you can't beat it.

Just my 2 cents.

02EX

·
Registered
507 Posts
hell i have run deka batterys in my truck for 6 years now and never had a problem i just load tested them to put in a nother truck i bought and they are still where charging 97%. i runn up to northwest Iwoa in the winter many times and have never had a problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts