Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 03 F-250 6.0 76,xxx miles, bone stock. Problem is that when I leave truck set for a day or so there seems to be a drain on the batteries. When I go to start it they seem to be very weak. Sometimes truck will crank longer than usual, truck may or may not start due to batteries being dead. Sometimes when truck starts it run rough until its warmed up. This is after setting in a 50 degree garage. This is the first issue I have had with the truck starting when its cold, never been plugged in until now.
Replaced original alternator in Sept. 10. Replaced again Jan. 11. Interstate batteries are 3 years old and have been load tested good twice.
Any ideas??
How do I see if I have current draw somewhere??
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
652 Posts
The price of a new ficm around $1100 or you can have your rebuilt at BPD Repair Ford FICM Module for $300
or--- FICM Repair.com - Your Source for FICM Repair
Info here http://www.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/vdirs/subsites/diag/6.0L_FICM_Guide.pdf
and here http://swampsdiesel.com/site/installation_instructions/pdf_instructions/FICM_Voltage_Testing.pdf
Testing the FICM
I hard wired a Battery Tender Plus into the passerengerside battery had to get new nuts and bolts because the stock ones get screwed up removing then when it set for a long time i just plug it in they come with 2 sets one a clip and the other to hard wire then i just set it up by the AC unit plug in close the hood, keeps them charged at 100% all the time when it sets.
***12 VOLT BATTERY TENDER PLUS BRAND NEW STOCK 220128* | eBay
youtube Testing Ampere draw with a multimeter - Bing Videos
2 stroker

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had this similar issue when I fires got my truck 3 yrs ago. I finely noticed that when it happened my ac clutch would click on and off. The AC also wouldn’t work when it was shorted out. The tech that fixed it said there was a few relays up by the fire wall on the drivers side and when he moved that block of relays he could duplicate the problem. He followed the wiring harness down to the bottom of the firewall where he found a wire that had been rubbed through and shorting to the body. He repaired it and I’ve never had the problem sense. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts