Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that both are available for big/small turbo's is anyone running both of them? I'm thinking about dropping the bomb on both this summer and seeing what results I get. If I do it'll be before numida diesel drags so I can dyno.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm curious as to what both wheels put out number wise. Wonder if its worth 800 or just go with the elite 71mm

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured they would be minimal if any but curious if anyone is running one yet. I'll probably just save the $400 then.

·
Registered
649 Posts
How easy is the batmo install? Pretty hard to screw something up?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some remove the turbo, but it looks like you can leave most of it intact in the truck and change the wheels out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just swapped out the lp wheel this weekend. It's not too bad to install. I did it turbo on. Have to remove the vgt actuator and fuel cooler to gain access to the elbow between the two turbos. Once that's off you can remove the bolts on the compressor housing and carefully take the cover off. Then unbolt the downpipe so you can hold the turbine nut to break the nut loose on the comp wheel. Threads are reversed so keep that in mind. Install the new wheel with a drop of loctite on the threads and reverse the process. All in all it takes about 2-3hrs and some patients.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm thinking ill order one next week from rudys. My buddy just ordered a new turbo from danville for his dmax so a little extra power may be needed

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would imagine you would need to be real careful with the 71mm without studs..
I wouldn't upgrade to bigger turbo's unless I'm studded. Studs and a tranny are probably going to come next year. Studs in the winter if the budget allows.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts