Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, thought I would run this by you all to see what you think.
I want to get a non vgt turbo for my 06 f350. Keep in mind I did once have a turbonetics torque master on my truck for a while and loved everything about it except the low rpm dead spot. No amount of tuning could get rid of it, so I made up my mind that there is nothing on the market that is going to give you the drivability of the vgt.
Untill now, I have been hearing some good feed back on the bd tubothruster with the divertervalve. Seems to be doing a good job down low in the rpm range.
So I thought I could take it one step further and order a bullseye turbo with billet double batmowheel. Then get everything I need from bd to install it with the diverter valve. Do you think this would be a good dd with tuning.
Don't tell me to go out and get a powermax either! Haha

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh ya I already got a price from bill at bullseye, it's a s300 with a 62 double batmo compressor wheel , a 65mm turbine wheel and a 12cm internally gated exhaust housing. You would think this should spool really well , especially with the bd valve. Give me your thoughts??

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
I would think this would light real quick especially if you put some injectors in it. From everything I have heard about the BD thruster it seems like a very good turbo but I am with you in that I would like a batmowheel 62mm turbo but want everything else from BD. Only I plan to put 175s or 190s with 100% nozzles in as well.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I was thinking some 155 injs down the road, but for now the stock ones should still work okay.

·
1,549 Posts
Yea I would think so.

·
Registered
922 Posts
you want good prices on injectors get ahold of 04stroker or holderdown performance they are great to deal with!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you want good prices on injectors get ahold of 04stroker or holderdown performance they are great to deal with!
Thanks, I will keep that in mind when the time comes!

I would of liked to of gone to a 59 mm s300 but I couldn't get a gated divided exhaust housing for it. The smallest a/r was a .76 and was not gated.
Really thinking of going with the 62 so far.
I just love how they make power and let the engine breath.
Gotta phone bd and get a price on the valve and everything I need.

·
Registered
922 Posts
let me know what this set up cost. ive wanted a PM just since its easier on my wallet (being that im in college) so if this is just alittle more then i could save up longer and get a great set up! but the 2+k for a non vgt is way outta my price range

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya it's gonna be pricey, turbo alone is just under $ 2000 then with all the other stufff from bd, gonna be pushing 3000,
But if you look at a 62/70 kit from II that's pushing the same money and the bullseye turbo is a lot better. So it's in the ballpark for what your getting.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the turbo is 1600 from bullseye, pedestal mount kit is 700...
Welli talked to bill himself, the turbo is $1920 and bd wants close to $900 for the valve and everything.

Unless your looking at something different , that's the price.

·
1,549 Posts
I have seen 62mm batmowheeled turbos going for the 1600 price range like greg mentioned and I would fully expect it to take $900 to $1000 more for the diverter valve and mounting kit. Eitherway I would expect the total price to be what the bd thruster costs but with a better wheel.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All the 62 bullseye turbos you see include a reg non wg exaust housing, you got to pay more to get the .70 divided wg housing. It's the same one bd uses and industrial injection on there 62/70 turbos.

But hey if you found one cheaper , get me the link. :bowfast:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not fast enough on the bottom end, do a search and you will find a lot of posts from people not happy with the dead spot after the converter locks.
Sure you can alter the shift points to help, but it's really a bandaid fix for not enough drive pressure at low rpm. Lots of guys ended up taking them off and going back to a vgt just for that reson.
Do you think a company like bd would go through all the [email protected] to make one if the original turbo worked so well.
Like I said I've been there with a even smaller non vgt and the drivability down under 1800 rpm was not good.

·
1,549 Posts
Welli talked to bill himself, the turbo is $1920 and bd wants close to $900 for the valve and everything.

Unless your looking at something different , that's the price.
All the 62 bullseye turbos you see include a reg non wg exaust housing, you got to pay more to get the .70 divided wg housing. It's the same one bd uses and industrial injection on there 62/70 turbos.

But hey if you found one cheaper , get me the link.
Yea you are probably right. I figured that by the time everything was said and done it would cost about the same if not slightly more than the BD thruster.

While drivability may be lacking without a diverter valve with stock sticks, I bet it wont lack hardly at all with just about anything larger than stock. I know I plan to do 190s with 100% nozzles and I would almost be willing to bet that i wouldnt need a diverter but I think I will still get one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts