Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My batery light comes on sometimes below 1500 rpms and will flicker on and off. Sometimes it doesnt come on at all. I dont have trouble starting or with any electronic stuff. Why could this be?

·
Registered
115 Posts
voltage regulator / alternator is going bad. you should get your alternator load tested

·
R.I.P
256 Posts
On mine it does the same, it is the single wire/plug on the top. If i wiggle it around so it has constant pressure on it, no light. But it comes and goes sometimes a month others constantly on but I talk a load tester and multimeter to it regularly and everything always checks out ok. Hope this helps and hope you get it worked out

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Clean the blade and pinch the plug on the top of the alternator to improve the connection and I'll bet that will resolve the battery light coming on..

jrc

·
Registered
64 Posts
Unplug the plug to the voltage regulator and see if the pins are melted... mine were at one point!

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill check these out. thanks guys.

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I pulled the plugs with the alt and looked fine good connections. But now the light is on constantly. Probably pull the alt and get it checked out? or is there anything else I should check?

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
went and got a new alternator. fixed it. The other one was toast. P.S. make sure the one you get has 8 ribs not 7.... dont ask me how I know...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts