Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i found this good deal for a 4in down pipe, banks big hoss chip, and six gun for 200 bucks, couldnt pass it up so i bought it. Now quick question are these chip really that bad? I was thinking to running the big hoss on my truck and the six gun on my excursion and then later get custom tuning if i need it. I've been hearing thast banks suck, so what do you guys think. Thanks:ford:

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Not bad at all. Hell, for $200 run it till the wheels fall off. That's a screaming deal. The truck will run pretty well!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
the biggest thing about banks is how rediculously expensive their products are. but you got a really good deal on it. it will give you some good power. just be careful with your tranny. heard lots of bad things about banks, bully dog, etc. etc. killing tranies

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
There chips don't do anything to control the transmission. That is why they sell there trans command as a separate unit. I had it on my truck and have since switched tuning. It just sends a low voltage to the trans to help shift firmer.

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
heck ya, tune 2 of your vehicles and a down pipe for 200, id run em.

·
Buffalo Diesel
280 Posts
Great deal. The 6 gun with supporting mods will make decent power, real decent for $200 :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Id flip that stuff on ebay (at least the tuner) then Id by a real chip from a sponsor. Your transmission will thank you and the truck will make more power.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Buy it and install a sonnax/tricumulator from Diesel Innovations. Then you'll have a little better shifting and low budget power.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will, in the not that long away future.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
What you should do is run the Banks stuff for a while and once you are ready to sell it you should have a fairly good idea of how it worked, felt, and ran.

Then you can at least have an experience-based opinion of what you thought about it. Too many folks today just go off of what someone else says and call it gospel. Real world experience is going to give you a firm grasp on differences between different power-adders.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts