Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade my intercooler and wondered if anyone had used any of these and your thoughts. I have read the DPP and Banks are very similar and the Hyper is the best, but I haven't seen any testimonials.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I have the Banks unit with the intake elbow. I like the kit. Have not seen or used the any other. When mine was about 6-7 years old I had a problem with the boot at the turbo. Called them and a new boot and CAC tube were there the next day at 0 cost to me. I would say they stand behind their products.When you factor in the larger tubes and the larger intake elbow is in the kit it is not that expensive.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
never heard of DPP buildin one and Hypertech doesn't even make an intercooler. I run a Spearco and that is the most popular one being used other than Banks. BD-power also makes one and i hear they are really good.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Mishimoto looks decent too.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
I've got the banks intercooler on my truck and the tubing. I had the elbow but kept leaking at the base where it sat on the egr throttle body so I got rid of it and the throttle body and put a 05 up stock elbow on. Got banks air intake as well. No problems besides the elbow.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Do you know why it was leaking? Was it warped? I bet if you call them they will offer help. I had excellent customer service with them. Your boot on the pressure side of the turbo, is it the strange angled, 2 sized hose or is it straight and same sized boot?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts