Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
I agree, I live right in Amsterdam, you can ride in my truck and see what the SCT is like...

Where do you live? PM me or something.

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
All you get with banks is the name..thats pretty much it...let one of the guys show you what a truck can do with some custom tunes.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
It will be SAFER than the banks, because the transmission will be properly tuned, not just defueling.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
hows it sct live wire w the custom tunes? should i get the egt gauge to what about the head studs
I prefer the stand alone gauges myself, but the livewire is still better than nothing.

Head studs are a big what if. I got mine done at a local dealer under warranty, but I'm not sure if they're going to keep doing it or not. I'd rather have them than not have them though.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Im with everyone else.. stick with the sct for these trucks. you rarely hear any bad comments on them vs the other brands. just my 02cents

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
If all your wanting to do is the sct with some custom tunes you should be alrite as far as the headstuds..mean you can get them and put them in..but unless your planning on building some big power..like over 500 hp or so..you really dont need it unless you just want for protection. As far as an EGT gauge..thats about the most important gauge along with your tranny temp and boost gauge.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
When you order your custom tunes (YOU WANT TO DO THIS) Just tell your guy making the tunes that you dont have headstuds. The custom tuning you DO want for the tranny tuning. You can get a mild tune or a wild tune, its all up to you. I went right to extreme street on my truck, I was puking coolant within 5k miles. I have the ARP studs in now though, and I run extreme street daily and every once in a while extreme race.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts