Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is installed on the truck i have. My question is, can i get different tunes on this? If i sent it in to matt at gearheads, could he re burn it? And could i still use the six gun controller/egt display to switch the chips? Thanks guys, just looking to save some money. Also whats your opinion Dp or Gearhead?

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
The Six Gun is not really a tuner, but instead just an ICP mod. It is similar to the Edge Juice.

No tunes can be written on these devices by anyone.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding our products or tuning. I would be happy to help you out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thanks for the help. I know that i would have to uninstall this to plug in a custom tune like yours, but if i did, would the six gun egt and boost display still work on this? Mainly the egt, i like digital displays alot better than the other egt gauges and am not looking forward to buying another digital display as they are expensive... Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
Okay thanks for the help. I know that i would have to uninstall this to plug in a custom tune like yours, but if i did, would the six gun egt and boost display still work on this? Mainly the egt, i like digital displays alot better than the other egt gauges and am not looking forward to buying another digital display as they are expensive... Thanks
I am not sure if the EGT monitor would still work once it is unplugged from the ICP and MAP sensor. You may want to contact Banks and find out.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
You can leave the Banks unit in place. Just set it to 0 when using it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts