Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know am on the wrong site but i was looking to add more power to my gmc 4.8 sierra. so i wanna add more air to make power, banks power pack seemed good $1400 for intake, hearders, exhaust and tuner. and they claim it will get me atleast 30-40 rwhp gain. is there maybe a better route to go.

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
What are your goals with the truck? I don't think banks can tune anything well. Most if not all of their products are over priced. I'd look at custom tuners efi live is popular in the chevy coral. Do some time and research the products you might find that the gains are unrealistic and not worth the money. At 1400 bucks you could nearly super charge the truck

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my goals are just to get better towing performance and MPG. i think about 40hp should be just fine. I would like todo a plug and play tuner if possible so I can chage it for emissions here in IL. but supercharging it i think would like MPG and my tranny?

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
The 4.8 gets decent fuel mpg in the 2 trucks I had driven a lot. They don't have tq that I'd like though. I would doubt 30-40hp gains from the power pack though. Might be peak power at 5krps. You'll want more lowend which would give the mpg gains and overall power. Chevy trannys are junk from my experience in the halftons. A super charger would give the lowend and likely wouldn't kill the mpgs if tuned right with a custom tune as long as the motor wasn't lugged.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that would b sweet to add a SC but then i would have to do a tranny swap and thats when it gets
pricy as hell.

·
diesel fiend
338 Posts
Put in a steeper gear for better towing mpg . All the exhaust ,tuning and air filter claims on the gm gas motors are way overpriced for what a small increase you get. I have 2 2500 's with the 6.0 gas and going 3.73's to 4.10's I picked up 2 mpg on hwy with my trailers loaded . In town mileage stayed the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts