Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys had problems getting the hoses to fit on the intercooler? The intercooler inlets are easily a 1/4 inch larger than the pipes that came with my kit.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
The blue windex works great as a lube when the boot is tight in relation to the bung.:eek:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Got my a$$ handed to me for a few hours. soaked boot in hot water, filed down intercooler a tiny bit and fought it. I gave up 3 different times and then finally got it. I used the 6.0 intercooler

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Should have just order other boots man, that would have been much easier ( unless you already had a 6.0 intercooler.

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
I had to cut and re-weld my pipes to match up for heigth, but for the size difference just do what Tom said. In your sig you say "disconected wastgate" curious as to what turbo you have?? If you still have a stock turbo it is the EBPV valve not a wastgate. Did you do a bigger turbo for the 4" downpipe? If you did that might affect IC pipes lining up as well.
Good Luck

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What kind of boots are the proper ones? Yeah you are right its the ebpv. I made that sig my first day of ownership... I have learned quite a bit about my 7.3l since.

·
Registered
331 Posts
What kind of boots are the proper ones? Yeah you are right its the ebpv. I made that sig my first day of ownership... I have learned quite a bit about my 7.3l since.
use factory boots from a 7.3 but make sure you get the style with only two rings on them the other ones with three will not work cause they are to long and dont flex enough. This is how i have done both of mine. Good luck:ford:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Crap, I have an aluminum tank intercooler and the Banks piping kit too. Am I going to have to do some cutting and welding on the pipes? I've had the kit sitting here for weeks but have been too busy lately to touch it.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Crap, I have an aluminum tank intercooler and the Banks piping kit too. Am I going to have to do some cutting and welding on the pipes? I've had the kit sitting here for weeks but have been too busy lately to touch it.
No, my banks intercooler pipes lined up perfect with the intercooler. I have the one with metal endtanks also. I have better boots now, but at first i had factory boots and they worked fine, just wanted some thicker, more reliable ones.

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
Probably just depends on how you mount it. I knew I was going to have to do that ahead of time. I mounted the intercooler as high as possible so I will have the room to do a RSK kit someday. I had to cut 5 1/2 to 6" off each side. I have a 6.0 cooler though there might be some height differences, but I don't think so.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts