Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What years exactly of powerstroke can use these. I really want one but dont know if i can use it on my 96

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I put one of these in a 08 Cummins a couple weeks ago and they SWEET...

I asked my Banks rep about getting one for my 01 PSD and he said they are supposed to be releasing a universal one some time this year...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh okay cause i couldnt decide between something like a ony wildman or banks but if they release a universal one i'll wait for banks.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I would not run any Bank tuning on a 7.3... unless you just like to piss your money away...

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
oh okay cause i couldnt decide between something like a ony wildman or banks but if they release a universal one i'll wait for banks.

Why on earth would you want a universal programmer (from a company that makes pretty generalized products to begin with) over a chip specifically tuned to your application like a Tony Wildman??? :poke:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
poke me with that stick one more time!!!!! no not really. uhhh #### idk was just reading about it and seemed pretty amazing to me

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
poke me with that stick one more time!!!!!

LOL

uhhh #### idk was just reading about it and seemed pretty amazing to me

Your pretty well always gonna be better off with someone that specializes in your vehicle. In your case, Tony Wildman is a perfect example for the obs's. Plus his tuning can change and grew as your mods do.

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
Im kinda in the same spot as the OP. Don't get me wrong, i love the chips and what you can do with them. But if there was something like the IQ or DashDaq for a 7.3 that put out like a chip then F yah.

It would be awesome to have a programmer with a 7" touch screen that sat in where the factory radio went. Something that came with an Ipod dock station, with a million guage configurations, tuning similar to EFI live, play movies in High Resolution, GPS, Radar, and all that good stuff.

Until that day comes, I'll stick with my TS chip.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Trust me I have NO desire to run Banks tuning. I just wanted the IQ for the gauges and all the other BS it can do. I even expalined this to my Banks Rep and asked him if he thought it would be at all possible to change the programming. He told me he would have to do some checking but something may be able to be worked out.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Trust me I have NO desire to run Banks tuning. I just wanted the IQ for the gauges and all the other BS it can do. I even expalined this to my Banks Rep and asked him if he thought it would be at all possible to change the programming. He told me he would have to do some checking but something may be able to be worked out.

Now that would be pretty cool.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah thats what really caught my eye on the banks was all the gauges and controls you had along with music gps and all that ect. Thanks for the info guys

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Now that with the ablility to do custom tuning might be pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Now that with the ablility to do custom tuning might be pretty cool.
That is exactly what I thought.

I have to call Banks tomorrow about intercooler kits and I am going to see if my rep has had a chance to look into this yet. I am hoping this will be possible but we will just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
290 Posts
you can get the big data screen from PHP. im pretty sure it goes with any OBD-2 truck. my buddy is gettin it for his superduty

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I looked on there site and didnt see anything for a big data screen.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
I looked on there site and didnt see anything for a big data screen.

Post something in their section on here and they'll help you out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts