Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 6.0 six speed and have a banks 6 pos chip hooked up now can i put the sct on it as well or do i have to unhook the banks before hand.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Banks 6 gun.

To the op, ditch the banks and get custom tunes put on your sct.
There's a difference between a 6 pos chip and the banks 6 gun. Banks 6 pos chip is the same as TS's 6 pos chip for the 7.3's that have the turn dial switch. I assumed that's what he was talkin about and was confused caused i never saw one for the 6L.

·
Registered
25 Posts
To OP:
I'm pretty sure you can't "piggy back" tunes, so only one or the other would be tuning the truck. Even if you ran both at the same time, it would make for a pretty crappy ride. I would go with custom tunes on a 6-bank chip so you can switch on the fly. I have an SCT flash right now that's actually getting swapped for a TS 6 position so I have the availability of changing whenever I want. Flash is great for adjusting tunes as you can do it right through email (no sending a chip back-and-forth), but you have to shut the truck down every time you want to change tunes on the truck. Either will make your go-pedal more fun to push though!

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
To OP:
I'm pretty sure you can't "piggy back" tunes, so only one or the other would be tuning the truck. Even if you ran both at the same time, it would make for a pretty crappy ride. I would go with custom tunes on a 6-bank chip so you can switch on the fly. I have an SCT flash right now that's actually getting swapped for a TS 6 position so I have the availability of changing whenever I want. Flash is great for adjusting tunes as you can do it right through email (no sending a chip back-and-forth), but you have to shut the truck down every time you want to change tunes on the truck. Either will make your go-pedal more fun to push though!
With a 6.0 you only want to use a programmer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Its a 6L though and the only way you can tune the tranny is through flashing it...Sct or H&S, no switch on the fly
Didn't know the tranny limitations. Thanks for correcting that!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i mean the truck is a six speed. okay thats all i needed to know it runs real good with that chip but the banks dont really have the low end balls for haulin. thanks

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
The safest thing to do would be to get rid of the banks system and get a SCT if you want the best power you can get with your truck.

Now that isnt to say that you cant run the SCT with the banks on the truck but that it isnt advisable to do so and is very dangerous because then you end up with a situation where you are "stacking boxes" as they call it and you can advance the timing too far and blow the motor.

The only way this should be done is with either the banks on stock and you are only using the SCT or the truck returned to stock with the SCT and you would use the banks.

I just dont understand why one would do both. It isnt like banks has any more to offer than a custom SCT tune. JMO. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I've ran a bullydog triple with the edge juice w/attitude monitor for a couple years with no issues. But i really wouldn't recommend stackin an inline module with a programmer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts