Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a set for my truck. 6" lift. not sure if that matters. Getting new tires and want to make sure all my alignment crap is done before. Thanks Ryan

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I thought. Never really understood the point of them. Its a solid axle truck. Nothing changes with lift.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Castor will disappear lifting these '05 up trucks without either Castor shims, correct radius arm drop brackets or adj 4 link arms..its Geometry. These are not leaf springs they are coils with the axle that swings one 1 bolt at the radius arm.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Go to Summit Racing and get either SPS-23269 for 2.6* correction or SPS-23268 for 2.3* correction. These are the same cams as some of the lift companies include with their leveling kits but are much cheaper. As Cary said.. Castor will disappear because when you lift a coil sprung front end the pivot point is at the back of the control arms. If you use drop brackets for the arms or the 4 links then the cams wouldn't be necessary.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got that and have the correct drop brackets but what are these cams for? Castor or Camber?

·
Registered
299 Posts
The ones I listed are for castor... There are others available as well that adjust both castor and camber and either/or, and at varying increments for 1/4* to 2.5* Probably most any good alignment shop that lines up many of these super duty's will have these cams in stock

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I had to run a large cam on the passenger side only. Everything else adjusted fine. I have adjustable upper and lower links on mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts