Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced 1 tie rod end and the other two tie rod bars. It steers great but both front tires start shaking real bad between 30 an 40I miles per hour.. what could it be??

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Get an alignment, check all the other joints and bushings (springs, shackles & track bar)

You have death wobble

124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything seems nice an tight except the radius bar. It seems slightly loose but not bad.. just seems crappy it didn't do it till I put the new bars back on it. It acts like I'm twisting the heck out of the steering wheel. The tires just bounce right an left real fast between 30it & 40.

·
Registered
433 Posts
what about the shaft between the column and steering box?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Tire balance, alignment, other worn parts,...........

Track bar should be SUPER tight with ZERO movement

124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what about the shaft between the column and steering box?
Just checked it. Its seems good.. makes me mad drove it around all day an it didn't start this till putting the new bars on.. guess I better buy bushings for that track bar.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Does it need a new steering stabilizer shock? I have had those go bad and cause a death wobble.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Does it need a new steering stabilizer shock? I have had those go bad and cause a death wobble.
The steering stabilizer is only covering up the problem.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The steering stabilizer is only covering up the problem.
Then I found another mechanic full of it. Without a stabilizer my truck cant do 40mph without the death wobble. Mechanic said everything else was perfect so i got a stabilizer and all is well sorta. sometimes i can feel it trying to shake. Not looking for responses. i am not hijacking!

124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Then I found another mechanic full of it. Without a stabilizer my truck cant do 40mph without the death wobble. Mechanic said everything else was perfect so i got a stabilizer and all is well sorta. sometimes i can feel it trying to shake. Not looking for responses. i am not hijacking!
Finally got it fixed. Was way out of alignment.. my truck doesn't have a stabilizer. An it steers like a dream now.. a stabilizer should only help with the wondering of larger tires.. anything under a 35I u realy shouldn't need one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts