Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
bigger than texas
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just gonna get to the point, for about 2 weeks now ill start my truck in the morning to go to work and it starts absolutely fine, a little puff of blue smoke and on start up but other than that she starts and idles no problem, ill let it warm up for about 10 15 minutes then make my way to work, and it shifts from 1st 2nd 3rd and in around 4th and overdrive my truck will shake like a bugger! As if I had a flat tire or something, does it every morning and in about the exact same spot on the highway too! Ill give it a little throttle and it goes away, tranny issue?? Injector issue? Hopefully someone who has had this can chime in and explain or throw some insight!

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Possible converter shudder. Tap the brake pedal while its doing this to unlock the converter and see if it goes away.

Do you know what RPM this is doing this at?

·
bigger than texas
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will try that thanks and no i dont, i can get back to ya tomorrow morning as i will be makin my daily trek to work

·
bigger than texas
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya its when it shifts into its last gear, around 1500 RPM, it will just vibrate like you wouldn't believe, I tap the brake and that causes it to downshift and it goes away but as soon as I accelerate again and it shifts into that final hear it shakes and rumbles

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Ya its when it shifts into its last gear, around 1500 RPM, it will just vibrate like you wouldn't believe, I tap the brake and that causes it to downshift and it goes away but as soon as I accelerate again and it shifts into that final hear it shakes and rumbles
When you tap the brake it causes the converter to unlock. You may have an injector that is weak and when you go into OD with the converter locked it starts to miss.

·
bigger than texas
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its ALWAYS an injector ugggggghhh!!! i dont supose there is anything i can do about a weak injector is there, other than replace it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts