Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have an 08 CCSB that has no blocks in the rear, traction bars, and a one piece drive shaft. im running spartan tuner with suncoast trans and converter. any tune i use there is a bad vibration and the higher the tune the worse it gets. feels like everything is going to come apart. any ideas would be great

·
C&C Customs
1,258 Posts
have you checked your u joints for slop? how long have you had the problem? has it gotten progressivly worse?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
theres no slop and the the slip yoke also is free moving. the problem has been there for about 3 weeks. if you stay under 65 its fine and over 80 it clears right up. im starting to think the shaft is balanced wrong but wouldnt that be a vibration all the time?

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Sure its not a tire?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know none of them are bubbled or have broken belts. it could be possible to be unbalanced also. but never felt a tire that bad before

·
Registered
380 Posts
i know none of them are bubbled or have broken belts. it could be possible to be unbalanced also. but never felt a tire that bad before
I've had tires shake so bad they felt like the wheel fell off.

In my experience, a vibration at highway speeds that comes and goes is usually a tire. I'd say this is supported by the things you've eliminated.

If it were me, I'd have them road force balanced, and replace the damaged one ASAP.

Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this vibration stays constant at the same speeds and rpms. i will doing what i can to get the tires rechecked this weekend and hopefully the driveshaft double checked at a shop. i did also find a little while ago that if you rotate the front drive shaft, truck in park and hubs in auto the drivers axle spins but the passanger doesnt. is that right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i understand what your saying now. that is basically what it does. just at a little higher speed. im hoping its just as simple as a tire

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
It does sound like a tire to me. I''ve been in vehicles where you had to fly through a certain range of speed like 45-55 mph because anywhere in between there you was in for a ride because of an unbalanced tire

·
POWERSMOKIN64
515 Posts
I know that situation all too well. I just got rid of a toy last year which between the speeds of 38-50 would shake soo violently you had to pull of the road or try and stop in the lane you were in. I didnt wanna spend the money to look into so I just traded it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
found out it wasnt the tires today. looks like its back to the sending the drive shaft out and getting checked on balance. i hope i dont have to end up trading it in. but if all else fails you can only put so much money into something you cant find

1 - 12 of 12 Posts