Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Pearson's Diesel
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The truck is an 03. It is pouring oil out of the rear of the block. If you are laying under it and look up at the rear of the motor it looks like it is coming out of the housing that the tranny bolts to. It started all of the sudden and leaked out more than 2 gallons in about a 10 mile period. Does anyone know what this could be and if the tranny has to come out to fix it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
221 Posts
your drain back for your turbo could of came out or broke? there is a sensor back there, and some oil lines, thats what happend to mine but it wasnt leakin that much at once. most things you can get from the top but have to pull the turbo and all that goody junk. i just took mine to ford.

·
Pearson's Diesel
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can see it coming out. It looks like it is actually coming out of the extension housing for the transmission. There is some oil on top but its not enough to leak this much

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
sounds like the icp sensor or the turbo drain to me,03's are nitorous for the icp sensors leaking,its behind the turbo next to the ipr,and a pia to change

·
Pearson's Diesel
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I'll check that first instead of pulling the transmission

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
mine was the icp too.... it looks like alot of oil from below.... if it is the icp, you need to change the pig tail as well, if you can get the parts from the international dealer.... its alot cheaper. some say you can change it from below, but i have have large hands and chose to go thru the top... just remove the air intake, loosen the degause bottle and get it out of the way, take the ficm loose, and is a pretty straight shot from there.... i used a couple of extensions and a universal on a 1 and 1/16 deepwell socket. make sure you rewire the pigtail correctly, i didnt and it ook me a couple of hours to figure it out........ good luck.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Yes i can be the ICP sensor, or drain tube, also you stating its pouring out of the block Rear main seal. thats another issue in the back that can cause a leak of that size.

·
Pearson's Diesel
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the icp sensor. Does anyone have the international part number?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
nope, just call and ask them for one for a 6.0, I think that they call it the navistar 365ci diesel engine..... not sure about the ci size though.do the pigtail as well..... make sure you cut all the contaminated wire away as well.... I just went up about an inch at a time and cut the wire and checked for oil.... if there was that much oil leaking its prolly bad a good ways up like mine was.... the lead on the new pigtail is about a foot long so dont worry about running out of wire. the pigtail is 9 or 12 bucks and the icp should be around 75 or less......

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
nope, just call and ask them for one for a 6.0, I think that they call it the navistar 365ci diesel engine..... not sure about the ci size though.do the pigtail as well..... make sure you cut all the contaminated wire away as well.... I just went up about an inch at a time and cut the wire and checked for oil.... if there was that much oil leaking its prolly bad a good ways up like mine was.... the lead on the new pigtail is about a foot long so dont worry about running out of wire. the pigtail is 9 or 12 bucks and the icp should be around 75 or less......
Your lucky. Ive never had an international dealer be able to price/order anything without an international part number. Its a PITA.

·
Registered
263 Posts
So how big of a PITA is changing this sensor out? Mine just started to leak yesturday. It is leaking pritty decent.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
It was the icp sensor. Does anyone have the international part number?
ICP sensor ,Ford 3C3Z-9F838-EA
International 1845274C92
Pigtail,Ford 5C3Z-12224-A
International 1850712C91

·
Pearson's Diesel
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I pulled the turbo so I could get my hand on the sensor. It wasn't that had of a job.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well it went to the dealer. The sensor is getting changed, the y pipe is getting changed; due to the really bad exhaust leak, plus the are checking out the P0401 code I have been getting, but I think that is due to the egr deleted because I don't have it turned off with the tunes.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
removed the turbo???? it is on the opposite side of the turbo......

·
Pearson's Diesel
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its on the back of the hpop beside the ipr. Some people say they can get to it from the bottom but I didn't see how. No longer than it takes to pull the turbo, that seemed the fastest way to me.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i see... iwent straight at it..... removed the air intake, the degause bottle and took the FICM loose..... used the deepwell socket and a couple extenstions and a universal... came right out. the way from the bottom involves removing 2 10mm bolts and bending the heat shield down to gain access to it..... not for me, I have soup bones for hands

·
Registered
263 Posts
well just got it back from the dealer. found the y pipe had a leak and melted the connector and then it broke in half to leak all the oil out. freakn awesome. got it all changed for a pretty penny but it runs freakn bad a$$ now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts