Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can handle the ticking noise. It isn't bad. What I don't like is that my truck blows grey to black smoke out the exhaust when accelerating, which the dealer and the Fords techs say that this should not be happening.

I have had the truck in three times to find out what's causing my truck to look like the older Fords and Dodges. That is embarrassing to be driving up a hill, then have to step on the gas a little more to get going and thick black smoke billowing out of my exhaust pipe.

Has anyone else had this problem. I have a 2013 F250 Crew Cab. I do the oil changes at the right intervals, if not earlier. The Ford dealership does it form me, so I would think they would do it right so not to cause the smoke; but, what is it then? Are the rings going bad? I am no sure..

Any advise would be helpful, especially from any Ford Technicians or Ford reps from Detroit. Have you heard any other complaints of this and is Ford working on a fix for it. I looks bad.

Thanks,

Gary

·
Registered
229 Posts
I read this whole post just for the humor of it. Things are way more calm over in 7.3 nation. But the pissing contest was hilarious

·
Registered
210 Posts
There is a GSB on this. Says the tick is normal. Grey smoke is not. How about the map sensor? Common to clog with carbon and cause a correlation issue.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts