Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

bad injector(s)??

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  cartmanea 
#1 ·
OK, I have a 2004 6.0 350, just changed the oil with Valvoline extreme premium blue 5w40 synthetic and motorcraft filter, both fuel filters, motorcraft, and I just had the cold start inductive heating flash done to the FICM, and it quietened it down a good bit on cold starts, but now even when its warm it misses most of the time, and shakes sometimes when youre in overdrive and put a little load on it (try to accelerate without downshifting). Does this sound like a bad injector or injectors? What are the symptoms of a bad injector? Im not getting any codes on my programmer, so is there any way to tell which cylinder(s) it would be, maybe check the power balance?

#3 ·
does it skip when u get on it my truck started this when i changed my oil last like it cuts in a out im waiting on some money to solve my problem but ive been thinking its injectors sticking

#4 ·
My truck does the exact same thing as Bigf350SD's truck....someone told me it was my injectors sticking (spool valves ). I have no codes either, I just ordered a product called Rev-X, it's been highly recommended by a lot of people to cure this sticking injector problem without spending $1,200 for new injectors, I to switched to 5w40 Rotella for cold start issues and it helped tremendously but now it's doing exactly what your truck is doing, I'm going to switch back to 15w40 and use the Rev-X additive and see what happens, I'd rather spend $30 for an oil additive the $1,200 for new injectors..

#5 ·
yeah i think im about to try that rev x maybe and hopefully it will solve my problem until i can affoard to do my build which will hopefully be in the next 6 months

#6 ·
I just finished talking to a head of a fleet maintence department, he said that he uses that Rev-x stuff religously....he said it's saved him thousands of dollars in injector replacement costs, he told me it's worth it's weight in gold.

#7 ·
Plenty of threads on that stuff if you look around. It has solved every injection stiction issue I have heard of. I haven't seen a single post where it didn't. You need 2 bottles. Tell them your from here and they'll throw in a bottle of there fuel treatment for free.

#9 ·
yeah, it skips/misses/shakes when you get on it, and like I say, it used to smooth out somewhat to nearly nothing when warm, but no more since the oil change, FICM flash, and fuel filter change. Ive read tons on that rev-x too, I think im gonna have to break down and try it also, like yall said, everytime I seew where someones tried it, they say it fixed their stiction problems with injectors.

#11 ·
I posted this same thing in my post on here called Rev-X too, but I just wanted to put it here too, in case some people saw this one and not the other one. I ordered 2 bottles of the Rev-X Friday morning, and it got here Monday afternoon, FAST. I ppoured it in, and drove it about 5 miles, got it up to operating temp, and the thing completely quit missing and shaking, surging, whatever you want to call it. I got up this morning and cranked it up, and it was 49 here this morning, and it sounded like it did when it was new. No miss while it was sitting there idling, or anything. I went back inside, let it run for a few, and then went back out, and it was up to about 125 or 130 engine oil temp, and drove it, and it ran perfectly. I may crank it up in the morning, and drive off instantly, and just see how it does with the engine oil temp down around 80 or 90. Im really impressed with this stuff, and even if it did still have a miss tomorrow morning when it was down below 100 EOT, it has definately fixed or stopped my miss and rough running when it is warm, and im SOLD on it. Try it....IT WORKS.

#13 ·
Go to the the rev x vendor profile. It's got a name and number.

#14 ·
#15 ·
Same exact problem, switched to Valvoline PBE 5w-40 about 2k miles ago. ITs a weak injector and when the oil gets hot and thins the HPOP doesn't have quite enough pressure to fire the weak injector. I'm replacing mine this weekend, a few oil changes with Rev-X pays for the injector, so not cost effective to do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.