Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have 08 king ranch I saved from the salvage yard. Been slowly putting it back together. It has a back up camera in the rear view mirror, but had a cheapo air gate on it no telling were the original fell off at. Well I got the original king ranch gate it has the camera in it steps and all. My problem is I can not find the cameras rca plug at the back of the truck. Does anyone know we're it comes out of the cab and how it is ran in the cab.

·
7,985 Posts
welcome to PSN.
as far as i know the camera fed into the head unit in the dash, not into the mirror. that may be an aftermarket mirror with the camera monitor in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The early 08 head units did not come with video input the display was in the rear view mirror. It can be added the radio display but is pricey

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I doubt its an RCA cable! most factory rear cameras use a wiring harness with many wires in them (like 7 wires to a camera??) making it hard for you to add an aftermarket camera.
Hard but not impossible. A few of the wires are usually the serial bus (communications network) and not needed to power or see the picture from the camera.

I just did one in a 2014 Grand Cherokee, factory camera is like $300, I used a HD night vision unit from Amazon for $20
Had to find the correct info online as to what wires I needed to use for camera power and signal
Should be similar to your 08, you need to find the wire harness, wire colors and then the info online as to which wire is what

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok that helps alot the camera in the handle is what has the rca jack. I have found a connecter that is capped off at the back of the truck with about 7 or so wires in it. Thx.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts