Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good backup camera that works well at night? I was looking at the ones that have the mirror display. I am going to buy a livewire they have one that hooks to it too. Idk i just need one i can see at night with.

·
Always Learning
143 Posts
Here is the one I have. I works really good at night. It was 15.00 with free shipping. I figured for 15.00 if it was junk I would just pitch it. Over 200 other people had bought it off ebay and it had great reviews. I was shocked at just how well it worked. And it has an all metal, water proof case. The only issue is that after a few month the black metal case faded to a gun metal gray color. So I pulled it back off and painted it color match to the truck.

Link: Car Rearview Back Up Reverse Video Camera Night Vision | eBay

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ordered one thank you.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Here is the one I have. I works really good at night. It was 15.00 with free shipping. I figured for 15.00 if it was junk I would just pitch it. Over 200 other people had bought it off ebay and it had great reviews. I was shocked at just how well it worked. And it has an all metal, water proof case. The only issue is that after a few month the black metal case faded to a gun metal gray color. So I pulled it back off and painted it color match to the truck.

Link: Car Rearview Back Up Reverse Video Camera Night Vision | eBay

Do you have a photo that you would like to share on how you mounted it Thanks

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to figure something out to mount it on my excursion.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I was looking at doing something like This for mine. I was going to remove the center bulb and paint around it. I a having a hard time justifying buying one of these for that price

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At $15? That is dirt cheap.

·
Always Learning
143 Posts
I have to figure something out to mount it on my excursion.
I had a friend with a 06 f-350 that drilled into the metal bumper right above the license. It gave a great shot for backing up to hook up a trailer. He got power in the trailer wiring plug and just grounded to the back of the bumper. Then all he had to do was run the video wire up front. He said he had it all done in 30 min.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts