Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Same issue as before now worse. Dang VGT turbo is sticking. May just be the temp, or the mechanic didnt do a good job the first time. Just a pain everytime I even try to pass, tow, or have a lil fun I hear a WOM WOM WOM sound from the exhaust, get shi**y power, and EBP goes 77-80psi... :eek: GF drove it the other day, our turn was coming up, so she went to get a head to move into the other lane, "WARNING high BP" went off and shes still on it..... hope she didnt f*ck #### up....Anyone else had their turbo sticking? Read a an article, its about the 05-06 six leaker but im sure it still holds true.

DTS Articles - Turbocharger Reconditioning

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have a low pressure atmospheric and a high pressure turbo, that has a variable-turbine geometry housing(I was wrong its not a VGT per-say).

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty sure they arent going to warranty it... The mechanic said barely two words to me when I explained the issue and took him for a ride. Its been at the dealer for a week now, with no call, i cant complain when they gave me a 2010 ford fusion for a loaner. Just wondering what my options are if my truck comes back with the same issue. Where can I even get a new High Press turbo w/o breaking the bank?

·
Registered
102 Posts
That sucks bud, if they won't help you out with warranty and its gunna cost big bucks anyway, upgrade your turbos and be done with the problems those are giving you. Sucks but oh well, bigger turbos should help ya feel better.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found a new one on the org for 900$... worth it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts