Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. This is me and my dads new project. We bought it for 1 grand, its a 1957 B-75 MACK and has 81k original miles and runs great. Has the mack thermodyne engine with a jacobs engine brake in it and runs perfect even on 15 year old diesel fuel :eek: . Truck is straight piped and sounds mean! Truck seems really tight and not really worn out other than from sitting. Needs the basic TLC but nothing major.

Having trouble finding parts and wondering if any of you would know where i could go to find some. Need a headliner extremely bad and thats what i am mainly looking for.

Here are some pics to go along that were taken on monday

Barrel removed. Fenders and front hydraulic pump and extended frame on front have also been removed since this pic.

Pics were taken from my camera phone so sorry for the image quality

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
very very cool. so what are the plans for it? I would probably try to find a restoration company for b models...or make one yourself???

Chad

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
thats awesome, always loved those trucks, specially when they aren't a single axle. Don't think I have seen one yet that actually had a headliner in it though, was always just a bare metal roof.

Good luck on the build :D

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This one has a headliner that sags and is torn bad. May just removed it for now. Plans are to see what it turns into after going through it a little and seeing how much work is involved. Looks to be in pretty darn good shape for the year. Depending on how that goes, we will decide weather or not to paint and restore it for the most part or just clean it up and sell it. I kinda want to keep it but we will see.

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do. Engine and exhaust both sound great. Have a nice deep tone to them and the turbo sounds pretty good through the exhaust also.

Cant wait to take it out on the road. Fastest i have had it up to is 15mph or so. I would like to see how it drives and get an old classic truck feel vs. all the newer stuff i drive.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
What does it have for a trans in it? I remember as a kid my dad showing me how to "properly" shift a twin stick in his friends B-86.

Left arm through the wheel and shift both at the same time, and to watch your thumbs on the A-pillar and HOLD on to keep it straight lol

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol it has a 5 and 4 if you know what i mean there. Just 4 speeds on the left stick (which is kinda like a brownie box if you have heard of that) and and 5 on the right stick not including reverse. Both shifters are on one transmission though. Not 2 seperate tranny's.

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would have kept it but it had a lot of parts missing. If you look closely at the 3rd picture you can see that there is no hydraulic motor on the front and the drum is sitting on blocks. There is also no rollers on the rear. It is also sitting on blocks.

And mainly, the drum was a lot newer than the truck. The mixer setups that are the age of the truck were chain driven and had a huge sprocket on the front.

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
Would have kept it but it had a lot of parts missing. If you look closely at the 3rd picture you can see that there is no hydraulic motor on the front and the drum is sitting on blocks. There is also no rollers on the rear. It is also sitting on blocks.

And mainly, the drum was a lot newer than the truck. The mixer setups that are the age of the truck were chain driven and had a huge sprocket on the front.
Yea but it looked cool haha very nice truck BTW did you pay a grand with the mixer drum?

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
Wow, you would probably be very sad to hear that the Kenworth dealership where I work was a Mack dealership for a long time previous to being KW and about 2 years they just threw away 10's of thousands of dollars of what was considered obselete Mack inventory because it was so old and it hadn't sold in years.

I bet there were some parts in there you would have liked to have had.

Unfortunately due to work computer blockages I am not able to see your old truck but I wish I could.

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well that sucks about the computer blockages and all those obsolete trucks. I hate the new macks. I think they are junk. The syspension squeaks, engine vibrates, and the interior seems cheap. But i am liking this old one though haha. I would rather fix up an old kenworth which we also have but its in BAD shape except the body. We bought it because most of the macks in comparison of this one are going for 8-9k.

Yea but it looked cool haha very nice truck BTW did you pay a grand with the mixer drum?
Yes bought it for 1k with everything you see in the pictures including the drum.

·
Pulling sled for hire
1,905 Posts
Hell with the price of metal right now you can #### can the drum and pay for the truck
:whs: That's exactly what I was thinking. Scrap was $10/100 lbs. the other day down here.

·
Administrator
8,172 Posts
if you know what you are doing, you can shift a quad box with one hand. that truck is a perfect candidate for a fifth wheel.

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The 3rd picture is the trailer that is hauling the drum off. We are hauling the barrell in today and will see what we get out of it.

5th wheel is coming in the near future. Just looking for an old style one.

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is a vid of the exhaust note. Figured i would take a clip after driving it around the farm here little bit and working on it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts